The British University in Egypt

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The British University in Egypt

Learn how to think, not what to think!

I wanna be a moderator/administrator!

Poll

What would you like to apply for ?

[ 2 ]
    I wanna be a moderator/administrator! Bar_left67%I wanna be a moderator/administrator! Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 1 ]
    I wanna be a moderator/administrator! Bar_left33%I wanna be a moderator/administrator! Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 3
    BubblezZ
    BubblezZ
    Admin

I wanna be a moderator/administrator! Empty I wanna be a moderator/administrator!

Post  BubblezZ Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:31 pm

okay so , even if we still don't have a strong number of users , this is gonna be open from now for whomever is interested in taking control over the forum.

What a moderator is ?

Is an user of the forum who has granted access to the posts and threads of all members for the purpose of moderating discussion , just like arbitration in a football game. They need to get sure that users follow the rules and they need to keep the forum clean. Common privileges of moderators include: deleting, merging, moving, and splitting of posts and threads; locking, renaming, stickying of threads; banning, unbanning, warning the members; or adding, editing, removing the polls of threads.

What an administrator is ?

The administrators manage the technical details required for running the site. As such, they may promote (and demote) members to moderators, manage the rules, create sections and sub-sections, as well as perform any database operations (database backup etc). Administrators often also act as moderators. Administrators may also make forum-wide announcements, or change the appearance (known as the skin) of a forum.

If you are interested in applying to any of those "jobs" , you are welcome to say here few reasons why this could be suitable for you and what makes you good for it. In time we will be able to make polls where users are going to choose the moderators/administrators. Smile

Thank you .